When you visit or use our website, you’re trusting us with your personal information. We understand the importance of this responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
This policy aims to help you understand what information we collect and why we collect it. It also sets out how you can update, manage, access and delete your information.
You must accept all the terms of this policy when you use our website or request our services. If you do not agree with anything in this policy, you may not use our website or request our services.
You may not access our website or order our goods, or request our services if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have the legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, we deem you to have read, understood, accepted and agreed to be bound by it.
You may only send us your personal information or the information of another data subject where you have their permission to do so
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date they were last updated.
If you disagree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and or services. If you continue to use the website or our or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you, and we will deem you to have accepted those updated terms.
What is personal information?
Personal information includes:
- certain information that we automatically collect when you visit our website;
- certain information collected on registration (see below);
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily (see below);
- information we have anonymised so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum, including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board – the reason is that the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential. It does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy.
Information we collect
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our website.
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information when you register on our website.
This personal information will include:
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your contact number;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- your postal address or street address; and
- your username and password.
We will use this personal information to fulfil your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
When you request our services, we will ask you to provide us with additional information voluntarily.
For information on how we deal with cookies, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Our website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow us to count page views and access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
You may also provide additional information to us voluntarily (optional information). This information includes content or products that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use our website’s optional features and functionality.
Why do we collect your information?
We may use or process services information or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes you indicated when you agreed to provide it. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
- goods or services purposes – such as collecting orders or requests for and providing our goods or services;
- marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
- legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- under applicable law;
- when you provide us with any registration information or optional information.
How we use your information
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about the website. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt out of promotional messages.
While you are logged into the website, we may display targeted adverts and other relevant information based on your personal information. In a completely automated process, computers process personal information and match it to adverts or related information.
We never share personal information with any advertiser unless you specifically provide us with your consent to do so. Advertisers receive a record of the total number of impressions and clicks for each advert. They do not receive any personal information.
If you click on an advert, we may send a referring URL to the advertiser’s website identifying that a customer is visiting from the website. We do not send personal information to advertisers with the referring URL. Once you are on the advertiser’s website, however, the advertiser can collect your personal information
When we share your information
We may share your personal information with:
- other divisions or companies within the group of companies to which we belong to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about our products, services, and communications (they will only use this information to send you marketing communications if you have requested their goods or services);
- our goods or services providers under contract who help provide specific services or help with parts of our business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods or services providers only use your information in connection with the goods or services they supply or services they perform for us and not for their benefit);
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (if you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria); and
- other third parties who provide us with relevant services where appropriate.
We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
We may need to disclose personal information to our personnel that require the personal information to do their jobs. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
Suppose we change ownership, merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity. In that case, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We build security into our services to protect your information
We take the security of personal information very seriously and always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Our hosting company will host our website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. We authorise access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time, we may request you to update your personal information on the website. You can review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online, emailing us, or phoning us. Please note that to protect you better and safeguard your personal information, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making corrections to your personal information.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
We will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations during the retention period and not share or sell your personal information.
We may retain your personal information in physical or electronic records at our discretion.
Transfer to another country
We may transmit or transfer personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding the processing of personal information may be less stringent.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us by clicking the relevant menu on any of the pages on our website or contacting us by phone or email.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations regarding the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.
If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us – email@example.com