Head of Product
Established in 2013, YUMBI is a proudly South African, remote first, Software as a Service (SaaS) eCommerce company with its “home base” in Durban (although we work remotely). We provide global restaurant brands and their restaurant partners with access to the YUMBI Platform – an enterprise eCommerce solution to power their remote ordering websites, mobile applications and targeted marketing efforts.
What will you do?
As the Head of Product, you’ll be responsible for defining and executing our product vision and strategy, aligning it with the company’s overall goals. Your role will involve setting product direction, prioritizing features, managing the product development lifecycle, and ensuring that the final product meets customer needs and market demands.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop a comprehensive product strategy in collaboration with other key business stakeholders, that aligns with the company’s objectives and budget.
- Lead and get involved with the product development process from concept to launch, including design, development, and improvement.
- Understand market trends and customer insights to inform strategic product decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (sales, marketing, technology, customer support) to ensure product success and alignment with customer and market needs.
- Build and lead a high-performing product team, fostering a culture of innovation and customer focus.
What should you bring to the party?
- A relevant tertiary qualification.
- +/- 10 years experience in product development and team management
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise the evolution of a software product effectively balancing competing elements such as scope, budget, capacity and quality.
- Aptitude for rapidly assimilating market trends, customer needs, and data analysis into actionable insights.
- Creativity and innovation in product design and problem-solving.
- Good understanding of technology combined with strong business acumen to make informed product decisions.
- Exceptional leadership, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Proven track record and understanding of eCommerce Marketplace dynamics
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to acquiring new skills and knowledge in emerging development technologies, methodologies and processes.
- Drive organizational change, especially in adopting new technologies and practices.
- Since we are a remote first company, a good home working space and reliable internet connection with a minimum of 4 Mbps is essential.
Why should you join us?
We offer the following:
- The opportunity to work on challenging projects with smart people
- Work from home with flexible working hours
- Great opportunities for self development
- A friendly, collaborative work culture
- Good market related remuneration and 6 monthly bonus
- Monthly data allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Study leave
- Long service awards
- Quarterly in-person company team building sessions
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for then please submit your application to Tracey Gand, our People and Talent Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org