Remuneration: Market Related (depending on experience)
Job Level: Senior
Experience: At least 8 years in the software development realm with a minimum of 3 years experience as a Product Manager
YUMBI is a proudly South African, remote first, Software as a Service (SaaS) eCommerce company with its “home base” in Umhlanga, Durban.
Our daily motivation is to make the customer experience of ordering meals from restaurants remotely as easy as thinking about it, anytime, anywhere. We achieve this by providing global restaurant brands and their restaurant partners with access to the YUMBI Platform – an enterprise eCommerce solution to power their remote ordering websites, mobile applications and targeted marketing efforts.
About this role:
As the Product Manager, you will work within the YUMBI product team, along with the business and development teams to build world-class technology products that help YUMBI meet its goals in B2B2C e-commerce. You will use your knowledge and exposure in the latest software concepts and technologies to design high quality solutions that are relevant to our users and customers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Own key technology products and projects identified by the business.
- Engage with stakeholders, clients as well as internal staff to map out business problems.
- Work with business stakeholders, users, UX designers and developers to design great solutions.
- Use tools such as QUIP, Invision, Google Docs, Balsamiq and LucidChart to document and communicate front end flows and processes to Project Stakeholders and Developers.
- Interrogate different data sources to find patterns and identify problems and opportunities.
- Follow the project through the development process with the development team.
- Align with tech ops to ensure project deployments are well managed.
- Monitor and provide feedback on performance of deployed solutions.
- Help prioritise the development backlog.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Relevant technology qualification (Computer Science, Information Architecture, Graphic Design, Programming etc).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in product management/business analysis.
- Solid experience in product conceptualization and prototyping.
- Have solid understanding and experience within the agile software development lifecycle.
- Have a strong technical understanding of web and app development ecosystems.
- Use data and research to back up product arguments and assumptions.
- Ability to articulate complex software concepts and solutions clearly, both written and verbally.
- Adopt a measured approach to experimentation and learning.
- Able to prioritize effectively in the face of competing demands and limited resources.
- E-commerce experience and data-warehousing knowledge would be an advantage.
If you would like to find out more about YUMBI please visit our website at www.yumbi.com.
If you would like to engage further regarding this opportunity please contact Tracey Gand, our People and Talent Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.