Remuneration: Market Related (depending on experience)
Location: Remote (home base is Umhlanga, Durban)
Education Level: Degree in Computer science, Information Systems or equivalent
Job Level: Mid level
Experience: 5+ years experience in a similar role
YUMBI is a proudly South African, remote first, Software as a Service (SaaS) eCommerce company with its “home base” in Umhlanga, Durban. We offer food and beverage brands a range of eCommerce solutions that are configurable to their specific brands’ identity and needs. We’re passionate about enabling brands and their merchants to provide their customers with an efficient and personalized ordering experience, as well as to connect with their customers in an intelligent and professional way.
About this role:
YUMBI generates huge volumes of data through usage of our platform. We need to leverage this data by converting it into powerful insights that can be used to improve our products, marketing and operations, as well as grow the bottom line for our customers. We also need to build our CRM capabilities by understanding the unique tastes and preferences of our consumers in order to offer them a better and more personalized experience.
Who should apply:
As the successful Data and Analytics Engineer you need to help us get to the next level in enterprise e-commerce. You will work within the YUMBI product team to develop, for example, enterprise level analytics products for our customers, real time operations reporting and proactive fraud detection algorithms.
You will develop models of customer profiles and marketing segments to feed into our marketing and e-commerce systems. You will get your hands dirty with SQL, data transformation processes, Snowflake data warehouses, Google Analytics, data presentation as well as advanced BI tools such as PowerBI.
You will be asked to explore opportunities in machine learning and AI. You will champion future technology choices to take advantage of developments in descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Tertiary education in a technology field relevant to analytics (eg: Computer Science, Information Systems).
- Minimum 5 years full-time experience in data engineering, business intelligence and software engineering and development.
- Strong technical skills querying databases (using SQL), data warehousing and working with Big Data.
- Practical development experience with web technologies.
- Experience with data modelling and statistical techniques such as clustering, sampling, regression would be an advantage.
- Ability to design functional reporting solutions that present rich information in a simple way.
- Be a convincing advocate for data driven product development and decision making.
- Must be a team player, great communicator and creative thinker who takes initiative.
- Since we are a remote first company, a good home working space and reliable internet connection is essential.
If you would like to find out more about YUMBI please visit our website at www.yumbi.com.
If you would like to engage further regarding this opportunity please contact Tracey Gand, our People and Talent Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org.